Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2003 ford escape: sporatically dies when put in drive..reverse

Customer Question

2003 ford escape sporatically dies when put in drive or reverse-we have had the car to
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.
Your question got cut off was there more you chose to add?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: we have had the vehicle to 3 different auto repair shops-we purchased the vehicle on 7/3/07. repairs done:idoler control valve-cleaned carbon in motor & replaced crank censor-reset cmoputer several times

Is the check engine light on?

Does the vehicle try to lunge forward or reverse when this concern is happening?

Does it idle correct in park?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: check light is not on
vehicle does not lunge
was idleing high-this has been adjusted & know it seems normal
Does it die immediatly when put into gear or does it just idle down slowly till it dies. Can you keep the idle up with some pressure on the gas pedal. When this occurance happens if you let off the brake pedal does the vehicle pick up speed faster than normal.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: IMMEDIATELY DIES WHEN PUT IN DRIVE OR REVERSE

Hello I'm Chris a Ford Certified Transmission specialist.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, I am here to help you out for a small fee far less than a dealership, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT and help me out financially. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

You need a transmission tech to do some diagnostics with a scan tool. it sounds like the torque converter clutch is trying toengage either from low fluid or fluid pressure loss on the tcc circuit. You have already replaceed the IAC and I assume vacuum and PCV hoses were checked for leaks.