HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Air ride suspension will not inflate, the compressor..manually

air ride suspension will not inflate, the compressor will run manually if hooked up, need to know what activates the compressor and where it is located
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

What is the year, make, and model?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
99 ford expediton eddie bauer
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

Have you checked the ride control on/off switch?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Eric replied 9 years ago.

I am opening your question back up for another expert to help my Alldata system crashed and I cant access info I need to help.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Eric's Post: my question did not get answered, he said his date information crashed and he is passing it on to someone else to answer
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
The rear height sensor will turn the air suspension on if it see's the suspension is too low. One of the rear air springs is probably dry rotted and cracked, leaking air.You can spray soapy water onto the rear air springs to check for a leak.Other air leak area is under the brake master cylinder ht air line disintergrates.Check for air leaks.Once it gets to the desired height it should shut down. A diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool made need to be done to check system operation and integrity.
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience: 25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: WHERE IS THE REAR HEIGHT SENSOR LOCATED
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.

On the rear suspension.#2 in the illustration below:

graphic

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: DOES SENSOR NEED POWER TO LET AIR THROUGH TO THE AIR BAGS
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
No, it doesnt work that way, it is set to a calibrated ride height that is measured by the sensor, when it see's it is sitting too low, then it turns the compressor on.You could have a problem with the air suspension relay or an air leak as mentioned.It really needs to be checked with a scan tool to get in depth and diagnosis it right without throwing a bunch of parts at it.If it has an air leak,those parts should be replaced.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: THE PUMP IS NOT COMING ON AT ALL. BUT I TESTED IT WITH A 12 VOLT POWER SOURCE AND IT WORKS
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Once again a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool is needed to check system operation.