Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

change spark plugs in my 2000 ford expedition

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall (Cheeko) replied 9 years ago.
Hi, what size motor? thanks
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: 5.4 what tools will I need to remove that back (4) plugs?

Hi, you will need a ratchet and several different size extensions with a spark plug socket and a 7mm socket to remove the coil on plug bolt, see below, thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hello Cheeko,

I am aware of which tools to use in general; However, the (4) plugs at the back of my 5.4 expedition are under the dash and extensions can not be used. My suspicion is a "Flexible Extension".

My hope was that a seasoned Ford Tech would know if there was a "Special Service Tool" for this application.

Hi, there is no specific tool to do the job, I have done many tune ups on these motors, it is a real tight area , I use a 6 inch spark plug socket with a 1 inch extension on the passenger rear plug, you can use a universal(swivel) spark plug socket with a long extension to access the drivers rear, then take a magnet to remove the plug and socket if needed, thanks