Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.

1999 ford f 150: cyl..structions how to change cabin air filter

Customer Question

having trouble locating cabin air filter 1999 ford f 150 6 cyl need in structions how to change cabin air filter
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello I'm Chris a ford electrical expert.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT. Please reply if further discussion is needed.

I know the owners manual may mention a cabin air filter but the F150 is not equipped with one. But just to be safe it will not hurt to check. Open the hood and look under the cowl which rests under the windshield wipers. You need to look on the passenger side of the firewall for a rubber door about 2 inches wide and 1 foot long. Though as I previously stated there is a 99% chance not to be a cabin filter

Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: ford deal says its behind glovebox in front of blower motor
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
whats inside the black box directly behind the glovebox?and how hard is it to open,appears to have coils of somesort and looks pretty cruddy could this be the culprit why my air is rstricted?

Is the air flow restricted on normal AC or max AC?

Do you notice any funny smells?

Does the air flow blow only out in the direction you select?

Does the fan work corect on all speeds?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: yes to the first question
yes to the second
dont get the third,air flow is weak about six inches from vent on high
and yes to the fourth
Describe the smell. Is the air flow from the vent decreased in vent max and normal. Does it blow out fast in any selection (direction)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: a little muskie the air flow is weak in any direction
You may have some blockage in the air inlet. you need to remove the cowl panel under the windshield wipers and inspect it. Also you need to remove the blower and inspect it as well for debris.