Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel

1999 Crown Victoria: 4.6 ltr..Fuel Pump Relay..start unless..only runs

My 1999 Crown Victoria, 4.6 ltr has 3 relays and a diode. What are the part numbers for these components. EEC Power Relay, Fuel Pump Relay, A/C Cutoff relay and a EEC DIODE?
Also, car will not start unless I juggle these relays then only runs for a minute or two then shuts down. I move the relays again and the same thing occurs.

The relays are all the same, their Ford part number is XXXXX lists for $8.01 each

The diode is F5TZ-14A604-A lists for $3.59

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What would cause this car to run for a few minutes then shut down? Then just grind with it not firing. I change the relays around and it strats up on the first crank then runs for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes and then shuts down again? Any ideas?

You will have to check the basics, do you lose spark or fuel. Check for vacuum leaks and tap on the IAC valve to see if it will idle back up. [Aluminum valve near throttle body has one end round, 2 wire connector] Does it idle low?

Need to inspect the wiring around the relays for loose terminals. Could also pull the pcm codes to see if anything shows up there. Autozone will do this for free if the car will make it there.