stefano
stefano, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  I have been an auto mechanic for 15 years, 12 years with Ford. ASE Master and Ford certified.
4820548

1998 Ford Taurus: My turn signals and hazard lights are not working

I have a 1998 Ford Taurus. My turn signals and hazard lights are not working. I checked the fuse and the fuse is okay. What else could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  stefano replied 9 years ago.
Hi mikos66. Most likely the multifunction switch is bad (combination wiper and tun signal switch). You can try to get it to work by pushing the hazard on and off very quickly while operating the turn signals very quickly to try to clean the electrical contacts inside. The switch will need to be replaced if they start working after you do this. This test indicates a bad switch.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to stefano's Post: Thank you. That was the problem. I will use this service again. My father-in-law will too!!! You sold us on it. Thanks again,
Tina Mikols