Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Where is the TCC solenoid circuit located in the transmission

Customer Question

Where is the TCC solenoid circuit located in the transmission of a 1999 Ford Taurus SE.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.
Are you wanting to perform repairs based on a diagnostic trouble code. If so what was the code?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (aka- Moose)'s Post: Yes, the code was 1744. The car is not shifting right. I have the part here but, I don't see the same part in the upper pan of the transmission.

Hello thanks for replying I'm Chris a ford trans tech.

Thanks for asking your question. I am eager to get your vehicle back up and running correct, so if this information is of aid PLEASE PRESS ACCEPT. Please reply if further discussion is needed

Your code can mean more problems than just the TCC solenoid. The other concerns could be the valve body exhibiting sticking or binding valves, the torque converter internal malfunctioning and not allowing the lock up clutch to operate. The solenoid is located behind the side pan. On some vehicles it is near impossible to remove this side pan with the transmission in the vehicle. W/O being able to use my scan tool and perform my own diag. My diag will not be the most accurate. Most likely the concern is going to be a converter issue and not a solenoid concern.

graphicgraphic