HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

What is TBB89

Customer Question

My front ac barily blows and my back ac only blows when i push my driver window down button. my blinkers, windows, door locks, and windshield wipers dont work. there are 2 relays under the dash that buzz. (TBB89 AND FOAB-14B192-AA) they are next to each other. a relay that is in fuse box makes a clicking noise every now and then.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
im trying to figure out where my problem is. i have put in a whole new fuse box and all new relays. i have also replaced the two relayes mentioned in the previous question.   any idea of what could be causing it?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
It is a 2000 ford expodition. 170,000 miles. 4.6L . I have completly replaced the fuse box and all the relays and fuses inside the car. I also replace the two relays that are under the steering wheel that i believe come from the ac. (the two relays mentioned in my first note.) i replaced it all with parts from a junk yard out of the identical vehicle.     every now and then everying works perfect for a few minuts. but most of the time it acts up. the front ac blower cuts out and the blinkers stay lite solid. the windows wont work or the door locks. then if u push down the driver window button the rear ac blower will come on and the two relays that were mentioned in the first note buss constantly. it continues to cut on and off while driving. i though something in the fuse box was getting grounded/shorted out. so i replaced the whole thing but no luck.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
When you replaced the fuse panel it was the interior one?Did you notice if the interior fuse panel had evidence of water or corrosion in it?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes i replaced the interior fuse panel. i took it apart and there was no water or corrosion. i replaced the whole thing. the fuse panel and the electrical box that was attached to the back of it.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Usually the fuse box can get full of water and cause a short circuit, the box on the back is the GEM module,do you happen to know if you replaced it with the correct one? If you installed the wrong GEM it might cause this concern.A diagnostic check for codes on the GEM moduel is in order since a majority of these items you are having trouble with are controlled by it to start and see if there are any codes associated with your concerns.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: yes i replaced it with the same year model and everything. the boxes have the same info on the sticker outside the box. i opened it and visualy inspected the electrical panel and it looked fine. i did this on the old and new one. is my only option to get a scan?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Thats what I would suggest at this point, it may indicate a problem with a relay or relay circuit that controls a multiple number of items.SInce you have multiple concerns I would do this first.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: it is fixed now and it wasn't a relay it was a ground. i told u i already replaced all the relays. i will except anyway. thanks for your help.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Im glad you got it figured out, thank you for the accept, feel free to ask for me in the future if you need more help.