Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1999 ford escort: I can take it to a locksmith and have a key made

Customer Question

I lost my key to a 1999 ford escort and I am trying to find out where the key code location is so I can take it to a locksmith and have a key made. Thanks in advancce for any help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.

A ford dealer or locksmith are the only places to get the key code. Some locksmiths do not have this. It is not anywhere on or in the vehicle. A key code is stored by ford with the vin#

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
A buddy got a code from a honda in the glove box, are you sure there is not a code?

I have been at the ford dealer for 4+ years and have never seen or read or heard of the key code being in or on the car anywhere. I am a ford employee and I don't even have access to get these codes only parts or service managers have this access on the ford website.