Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

1998 Ford F150: my rear drum brakes..kit..Drivers side drum..smoothly

1998 Ford F150 4x4 4.6l W,
I have replaced all brake components on my rear drum brakes, Springs, Shoes, Self adjusting kit. Everything went fine until i went to put the Drivers side drum on. It will not go on smoothly i have to bang it into place then since its too tight the wheel does not rotate. The adjuster is not extended a single turn, the shoes are together as close as they will go and the emergency brake is off. I have checked everything over 4 times and broken down everything 5 times. Still the sameproblem....What is wrong???? Thanks!

Hi there,

The emergency brake cable is rusted in place and not releasing all the way. To confirm this,,,remove the e-brake cable from the brake shoe completely, then try it...let me know.