Matt Kesler
Matt Kesler, ASE Certified Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience
707400

Remove the back seat of a Ford E-350 van? Do I need special tools?

How do I remove the back seat of a Ford E-350 van? Do I need special tools?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt Kesler replied 10 years ago.
You shouldn't need any special tools.

Normally you'll see two kinds of back seats on the Ford vans. Either the Quick Release. Or the standard.

The Quick release will have a handle underneath the seat you can pull up to release the strikers then simply lift the seat out.

The standard seats will require you to simply remove the bolts from the bottom rail of the seats that hold the frame of the seat to the floor and then remove the bolts for the seat belts from the floor. Then just pull the seat out. All the bolts should be standard bolts and the most you could need to remove the seats would be a ratchet and the proper sized socket.

If you have quad buckets or something else seems different than stock on your van let me know the details of what you think is unusual and I'll try to help more but usually one of the two instructions above should work for you.