Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

How do you remove the interior door panel on a 1998 Ford Contour?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall (Cheeko) replied 7 years ago.

Hi, below are the steps,thanks

graphic

graphic

graphic

Experience: 18 years as a Ford tech and still going
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: Cheeko, thank you -- however, in the diagram you sent regarding removing the bezel, there is a screw cover and screw in the "LOCK" button on the door. The lock button on our door doesn't have a screw cover and screw. The door panel is being held by something behind that button that we can't release. Can you help?

Hi, if you look inside the handle area you should see a circle, it will be flush with th rest of the bezel panel, take a pic with a sharp point and stick it beside the circle and pry out, thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: I have run my hands all over the inside of the handle area -- there's no screw cover. I even checked the other front door panel (since the electric lock on the door we're working on isn't working), and couldn't find a screw cover there, either.
Hi, I have checked all the way up to 2000 year model, but doesn't show one without the cover screw and I don't recall one , I will have to do some checking at work tomorrow and get back to you,thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: If it's any help, it's a 1998 Contour GL. Thanks for your help. I'm going to go ahead and "accept" your reply, and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Hi, is it the front or rear door?thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: Front passenger door
Hi, I have checked with parts and the service manual here at work and it doesn't show the bezel without the screw hole, let me get your VIN# XXXXX see if I can find anythingout , thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Cheeko, the VIN is 1FALP6532WK172094.

Thanks!

Hi, I have checked your vin # XXXXX it was built in 97, see ifthe information below helps any, thanks

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Cheeko's Post: Cheeko, my husband was able to get the door off. Thank you so much for all your help. Please let me know how I can post a bonus to JustAnswer for you.
Hi, you can contact info@justanswer and they can help,but I feel like maybe I didn't , thank you for your patience and working with me , it was a pleasure, thanks again