Glenn
Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel
3389900

1999 F150: Towing..40145 trailer wiring harness..plug.

I bought a Hopkins Towing Solutions part no. 40145 trailer wiring harness especially for my 1999 F150, I plugged it inline with my stock taillight harness and it does not get any power to the trailer plug. Why won't this work? I checked and I have a good ground.

Hi rinker,

So this is what we are talking about,,,you grounded the white wire correct? and no power to tail or turn signals. Have you checked the trailer fuses/relays yet? I'm looking up wiring I'll be back shortly.

graphic

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: I did some more checking this morning and I DO get tail lights (power to the brown wire), just no turn signals or brake lights. Is there possibly a towing fuse or relay I need to put in?

Ok you need to check some fuses to make sure they are OK. I'll include the diagrams, check every fuse related to trailer adaptor. Under hood fuse box fuses 5, 19, 20, 101, 108. Swap relays around to see if that makes a difference.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I will check these out and be back shortly.