HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

99 crown vic---- blown fuel pump fuse, so I replace fuel ...

Customer Question

99 crown vic---- blown fuel pump fuse, so I replace fuel filter, runs good for 3 weeks then quits pumping fuel, replace pump and still no fuel, trade relay no luck, check trunk switch. seems to be good.fuses good. what about the chip system to prefent theft? Battery posts good.   maybee bad new pump.   not much hair left. help sos mayday   thanks   [email protected]
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Does the theft lamp flash rapidly when it doesnt start?Do you get any fuel pressure to the fuel rail? Does the check engine light come on with the key turned to on and go out when cranking the engine?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: today I played some more, voltage at shutoff was 6.5
Voltage from and at FP relay g/y wire was 6.5. So I jumped under the relay with anouther g/y wire and pump worked and car ran fine, however there was no 2 second shutdown it just ran (fuel pump) constant.
The good news the pump is fine, the bad is I still do not know whats wrong. I traded relays around to no avail. thanks jay
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
The fuel pump is only energized for a few seconds when you cycle the key to on the voltage reading you are getting is a ghost reading, it will most likely not power up a light bulb,basically you are jumping direct power to the pump and it is coming on, you need to answer my question to you for more info.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to HDGENE's Post: Theft and check engine lights do not go on while cranking engine. very little fuel pressure at rail, just enough oose out.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 9 years ago.
Does the theft lamp flash rapidly or come on and go out, and does the check engine light come on at all when the key is turned to the on position?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
check engine light is on when key is turned on goes off while cranking . theft light blinks slow and not at all with key in the ignition. thanks