Fordster
Fordster, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Ford products
201885

on ford f250 where is the security module located

door lock won,t work and all the remote security features won't work the door ajar is on all the time the fuse isn't blown remote battery is ok
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.

The door jam switches are built into the door latches on that car. They have a history of having sticking problems. here's a procedure that usually works very well.

Get a can of spray lube like WD40 or something like it and has a straw on the nozzel. Spray it generously up into the latch mechanism. Now open and close the door numerous times to work it in. Repeat this process several times. Since you don't really know which door is causing the problem, you should do all of them. It's usually caused by the most frequently used door but it's not gauranteed to be that one.

If the computer thinks one door is open, it likely won't energize the locks.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
spraying door locks with wd40 didn't helpremote or the rocker lock button don't work
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.
Did the door ajar light go off?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
this didn't help
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.
Did the "door ajar" light go off or not?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
no still on
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.

Then you still have a problem with one of the door jam switches.

If I were you, I would try a little harder to get it working because your alternative is that the dealer will have to use a scan tool to determine which one it is and replace it.

I'm trying to give you a way to avoid that.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
the door adjar switch isn't the problemThe remote won't work and the rocker lock button don't work
I am pretty sure that the problem is in the vehicle security module but I don't know where it is located The door adjar switch din't keep it from working when i am getting out and locking the vehicle before this went wrong
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.
What year is the truck?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
it's a 2002 f250 superduty diesel
Expert:  Fordster replied 10 years ago.

OK, I don't believe the keyless entry is going to lock the doors as long as it thinks one is still open but if you want the location of the module, here it is.

It's called the Vehicle Security Module aka: GEM module and it's located behind the dash, right in back of the radio and heater controls.

Here's what it looks like.

graphic