Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

antifreeze on my spark oil pan. it is not running hot

i had antifreeze on my spark plugs when i changed them, my oil cap is creamy milky. but there is no water in my oil pan. it is not running hot. what could cause this. 1997 ford expdition 4.6.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 9 years ago.
Which plugs had coolant on them
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
all four on the right side only.

For the oil on the cap. Check the oil on the dipstick after engine has run. If there is no milky appearance there then the concern is condensation in the crankcase. This is caused by stop and go short trips hot and cold. Constant driving of about 30 minutes a day should reduce the condensation. If there is no water in the oil then don't worry about it. I do recommend you change the PCV.

For the coolant concern while running and hot check the coolant lines next to the passenger side valve cover. There was a concern on this model with a coolant hose leaking onto the plugs. Also check for leaks at the crossover on the front of the intake. You will see a coolant hose enter on the passenger side near #1 and then exit near cylinder #5 on the drivers side.