Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Certified Mechanic Ford Motor Co.
Experience:  18 years as a Ford tech and still going

How do you remove a pulley from the power steering pump Is ...

How do you remove a pulley from the power steering pump? Is the bolt in the center holding it on? The pulley turns on the shaft.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
1999 Ford Taurus, 53,250 miles, 3.0 L V6
Tried moving the bolt in the center ( allen wrench )pulley turns on the shaft
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Has an answer been sent? I do not see anything.

Steering Pump, Power-CII

DescriptionTool Number
Steering Pump Pulley Remover211-016 (T69L-10300-B)
Steering Pump Pulley Replacer211-009 (T65P-3A733-C)

NOTE: The power steering pump (3A674) is serviced as an assembly. If any service is required, an entire new power steering pump assembly must be installed.

Remove drive belt (8620).

Disconnect degas bottle coolant return hose. Block hose to prevent coolant loss.

Remove power steering return hose (3A713) from power steering pump and drain the fluid into a clean container.

Remove power steering pressure hose (3A719) from power steering pump and drain the fluid into a container.

Remove power steering pump pulley (3A733) from power steering pump shaft, using Steering Pump Pulley Remover 211-016 (T69L-10300-B).

Remove three mounting bolts retaining power steering pump to power steering pump support (3C511) , and remove power steering pump .

Install power steering pump to power steering pump support with three bolts.

NOTE: The small diameter threads of the tool must be fully engaged in pump shaft before pressing on pulley.

Install power steering pump pulley to power steering pump , using Steering Pump Pulley Replacer 211-009 (T65P-3A733-C). Screw tool into threads in end of power steering pump shaft. Hold small nut on end of tool and turn large nut to install pulley on shaft. Install pulley face flush with pump shaft within ±0.25 mm (±0.010 inch).

Install power steering pressure hose to power steering pump .

Install power steering return hose to power steering pump .

Connect degas bottle coolant return hose to degas bottle.

Install drive belt.

Fill power steering pump with Motorcraft MERCON Multi-Purpose (ATF) Transmission Fluid XT-2-QDX or equivalent meeting Ford MERCON specification, and check operation.

Check coolant level.

Start engine and check system for leaks.

Turn ignition switch OFF and recheck power steering fluid level. Add fluid as necessary.

Hi, you can go to your local parts store and rent these tools to remove and install the pulley they are pressed on the shaft thanks need more help please let me know

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Does anything have to be done with the bolt on the shaft?
Hi, no the allen head in the shaft is for the assembly of the pump from the factory when you go get the tools they should come with instructions on the removal and install of the pulley thanks need more help please let me know
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you very much, that helps me a lot. Jon
No problem please leave feedback