Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1995 crown victoria: Im replacing..that needs to be spliced..plug.

I'm replacing a 1995 crown victoria wiper switch. The replacemnt switch has 2 plug in's and the upper one is different than the original. The dealer sold me one adaptor plug that needs to be spliced in on the upper plug. However the number of pins are different on the original and adaptor module. Do you have a wiring diagram for this switch so I can splice it in properly? BTW, the wiper switch also controls the turn signal and hazard lights. Thanks.

Here is the wiring diagram you asked for, it looks like you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.

graphic

If you have further questions on this, please feel free to reply.

Thanks for asking!

V W

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Is this the wiring diagram for the original or replacement module plug?
This is straight from Ford, for the original wiper switch.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: The new switch (SW-5596) has 9 pin connections and the original has 11. This wiring diagram shows the 11 but I need to know how to correctly wire to the 9 with the adaptor pigtail (P68880).
I have looked at all of the TSB's on this car, and there is no mention of this adapter. You may have to go to Ford for the diagram. I will open this question up to other experts in the event that one of them has come across this before.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
In looking at both switches and on the new switch 2 pins seem to be eliminated altogether. So I just want to be sure that the 9 remaining are wired the same. Any futher input from other expects would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure they will be wired the same, alot of times they will make one adapter be able to work on two different applications.

Thanks for the accept!