Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I think I locked the keys to my Ford Expedition in the ...

Customer Question

I think I locked the keys to my Ford Expedition in the car. I forgot my keyless entry code. Is there a way to gain access to this code?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 9 years ago.

Depending on the Year, the Code is On the RKE Unit which is located Inside the Vehicle.
Also, for the Dealer to access the Code with the DRB, they would have to connect it to the DATA Port Inside the Vehicle.
You will have to Unlock the Vehicle to Open it.

Have someone wedge a piece of Thick, stiff Plastic, between the Upper Door Corner Frame Edge & use a Metal Coat Hanger or heavier Guage Metal Rod to Push Electric Door Lock Switch.

It can be done............

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I don't want to damage the door or paint in ANY way. My husband will kill me! Any other suggestions? Is there not a website or place where these codes are stored?
Expert:  Lurch replied 9 years ago.

What Year is your Expedition?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Expert:  Lurch replied 9 years ago.

There is No way to get an Entry Code without the Security Numbers on the RKE or using Scan Tool:

Here are the Options:
1) Ford Dealer or Locksmith should be able to Cut a New Key with the Vehicle V.I.N. & Proof of Ownership. You would need to call them.

2) Locksmith, Police Department, Tow Truck, can Enter Vehicle without hurting it.

3) Try the above Answer using Plactic Wegde. The Corner of the Top Edge needs to be plled out just enough to Wedge Plastic in to create hole for wire. Being Careful, you should not hurt the Paint.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yeah, the hangar can go in, but it is not long enough or sturdy enough to disengage the lock.

I will have to call a locksmith. This will cost me MUCH more than I spent here, and will definately work, but something I was trying to avoid.
Expert:  Lurch replied 9 years ago.
There are not very many options for the lack of tools in an emergency......