Glenn
Glenn, Senior Master Ford Tech
Experience:  26 years exp with Ford Products, ASE Master Auto & Truck + advanced engine perf L1/L2 Gas & Diesel
3389900

my check air suspension light is on and my car ...

Customer Question

my check air suspension light is on and my car isnt leveling or operating
Category: Ford
Expert:  Glenn replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

You need to check and make sure the air suspension disable switch is not turned off [located in the trunk] if is, turn it back on, see if Ok.

Otherwise you will need to pull codes from air susp system with a scanner to start the diagnostic procedure.

Glenn

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
WHERE IS THE AIR SUSPENSION MOTOR LOCATED?
Expert:  Glenn replied 9 years ago.

I'll have to assume its a crown vic, grand marquis or town car..Its in the left [driver's side] fender well underneath the air filter box and washer bottle. A Expedition would be the same area on the other side.

If you find this helpful, please accept my answer. Thanks for using Just Answer.

Glenn

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
WHERE ARE THE RELAY FUSES LOCATED FOR THE AIR SUSPENSION AND HOW DO I KNOW IF A FUSE HAS GONE BAD
Expert:  Glenn replied 9 years ago.

They are located in the BJB [battery junction box. underneath hood fuse box] I can not give you a diagram with out the model and year. It will be a 30 amp green fuse. you can test them with a voltage meter or test light or pull it out and see if burnt/broken.You check your owner's manual for fuse locations.

Glenn

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: I cant find my air suspension compressor where is it located in my 2001 crown vitoria
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: could you send me a diagram to show me where it is located 2001 ford crown victoria
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
NEED HELP WITH LOCATING THE AIR SUSPENSION COMPRESSOR FOR MY 01 FORD CROWN VIC
Expert:  Glenn replied 9 years ago.

I already told you where its located under the air box, you won't be able to see it until you remove the air filter box [housing]

click here

SECTION 204-05: Vehicle Dynamic Suspension2001 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis Workshop Manual
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATIONProcedure revision date: 06/22/2000

Air Compressor

Removal and Installation

WARNING: Do not remove an air spring under any circumstances when there is pressure in the air spring. Do not remove any components supporting an air spring without either exhausting the air or providing support for the air spring to prevent vehicle damage or personal injury.

WARNING: Disconnecting an air line that is connected to the air compressor can cause personal injury or damage to components as high pressure air is vented uncontrolled.

WARNING: Before performing maintenance on any air suspension components, disconnect the power to the system by turning off the air suspension switch located on the LH side of the luggage compartment to prevent vehicle damage or personal injury.

1. Turn the air suspension switch off.
  1. Disconnect the battery ground cable (14301).
  1. Remove the engine air cleaner (ACL) (9600). For additional information, refer to Section 303-12.
  1. Remove the air compressor drier cover.
    1. Remove the pushpins.
  1. Remove the snorkel pushpin and remove the snorkel.
  1. Disconnect the air compressor.
    1. Compress the quick connect locking ring and pull out the air line.
    1. Disconnect the wiring.
  1. Raise the vehicle.
  1. Remove the nuts.
  1. Lower the vehicle.
  1. Remove the air compressor.
  1. NOTE: To correctly re-install the air lines into the compressor drier, a minimum of 3 mm (1/8 in) of visible white air line must be inserted into the fitting.

NOTE: When the battery is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.

NOTE: After installing the air compressor, it is necessary to inflate the air suspension system. For additional information, refer to Ride Height Adjustments in this section.

To install, reverse the removal procedure