Fordanswerman
Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech
Experience:  Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0
577462

I HAVE A 97 F250 DIESEL TAG ON DOOR SAYS REAR IS A C9, ...

I HAVE A 97 F250 DIESEL TAG ON DOOR SAYS REAR IS A C9, GVWR-8800. REAR GAWR-6084,,FRONT-4600. I NEED TO CHANGE REAR HOUSEING BROKE,I AM TRYING TO GET A REPLACEMENT BUT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT GEAR RATIO IT HAS THE OWNER SAID IT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE 373 GEARS I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME .VIN#1FTHX26F9VECO1525 IF THIS HELPS. TKs. Bill

Thanks for the question.

There is no tag on the axle itself?

On the door sticker, are you sure it says c9? I'm not finding c9 under axle code for 1997 f250.

Thanks

Fordanswerman

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
If there was a tag on the rear I wouldnt be asking this question. As far as the door sticker, it say C9. A 98 Linclon Navigator has c9 on the door tag and it is a 373 gear. With that we thought that the 9 meant 373 from Ford. Would you like me to send you a picture of the door sticker?

Thanks
Bill

Thanks

Yes if you could send me a picture, that would be great. Because in the Ford manual here, there is no c9 code for axle ratio for 1997 f250 diesel.

Thanks

Fordanswerman

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Fordanswerman's Post: I sent you pictures

Did you attach the pictures to your last reply? I don't have them. I cannot see them in your last comment. In the top title bar where you type your message you should see a picture of a little tree. This is where you attach your pictures at.

Thanks

Fordanswerman

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I can't find any tree

Thanks

Go to your profile page and go to tools and then edit your profile and then go to settings and then Advanced post tool and check yes.

Just for giggles, on the door sticker where it says AXLE under it it says "C9" ?

Thanks

Fordanswerman

Experience: Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
This is really serious for me. I need to find the answer as soon a possible. I have no idea where the profile page is. I have a lap top and I have no clue I have searched all over the place for an hour and cant find it. Please explain it to me. And where is the tree

Customer
I am not trying to step on anyones toes but a C9 is a 3.55 axle ratio with limited slip
Do you still need help Bill
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
YES!!!!!! Sent pictures 12/29/06 of door tag showing c9.

Thanks for the help Chris.

I got your picture Bill. I had to go all the way back to a 1995 F250 and found C9 and it said 3.55 ls (limited slip). These are Ford manuals I'm looking in. Even in 1996 f250 it wasn't there. Sorry for all of this. I'm not sure why for 2 years the Ford manual has been wrong on this. To be sure, another possible way to check is to look on the outside of the ring gear. And or on the pinion face. Look for the number 3.55 or 355 etc.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion.

Fordanswerman

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
to all concerned. Thank you all for the help and information to me. I will use you again for sure.
Customer
Your welcome I found the information in your owners manual