ford dr
ford dr, auto tech
Experience:  sr master tech
2737481

WINDSTAR: I DO NOT WANT WHOEVER FINDS MY KEYS TO STEEL MY

Customer Question

I LOST MY CAR KEYS TO MY 2000 FOR WINDSTAR. I DO NOT WANT WHOEVER FINDS MY KEYS TO STEEL MY VAN. HOW MUCH TO GET THE LOCK CHANGED AND NEW KEYS?
Category: Ford
Expert:  ford dr replied 10 years ago.
Carry to dealer or call locksmith. The new keys must be programmed<minimum of 2 keys to program>. Be sure that they understand that you want to erase all old keys and program the new ones instead of just adding more keys. Once they gain security access to program they will erase keys programmed and then program 2 new ones. These will be the only keys that the PATS will recognize and allow to crank vehicle. Should you find the old keys either destroy or use for emergency unlock of doors only as they will not crank vehicle until programmed into PATS. If you find and determine you want to reprogram them , request again for programming additional keys and ask for me.
Glenn Irvin, Ford Dr.