Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.

my 2001 ford f 150 rear window is leaking from the top and ...

Customer Question

my 2001 ford f 150 rear window is leaking from the top and it is not on the slider. is it a seal or silicone? what can i do to fix it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.
Is your vehicle a super cab or super crew. Is it the side window or the back window. Do you have sliding glass window. I know you said the slider which makes me think we are talking about the back glass I just want to verify. Also which area does it leak in
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Chris's Post: super cab. back window. yes. it leaks from the top

Here is a test turn your truck on and turn the air on PANEL HIGH FAN WARM air and have all the windows up and all the doors closed. Then get a spray bottle a fill it with real bubbly soapy water. Then spray all around the seals exterior on the back window on top of the window and around the cargo light if applicable. The soap will bubble when you hit your leak. If the window is leaking you can reseal it by removing it First remove the seat back and the trim around the c-pillars and the interior overhaed light then remove the nuts for the glass get some help.

graphic

• Remove any remaining foam butyl from the window glass frame.
  • Installation

1. Clean the back window glass with an alcohol-free cleaner.
    1. Apply 8 mm foam butyl, or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSB-M2G234-C to the back window glass.
      • Start at the bottom middle and work around.
    1. Install the back window glass.
      1. Position the back window glass.
      1. Install the 12 nuts. 25 lb inch torque
      2. You can purchase a roll of foam butyl from the dealer it is very sticky and nasty recommend gloves.
  •