Tim Basham
Tim Basham, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  30 year multi line tech ASE cert master tech ASE engine machinist, Ford Bronco builder

I would like to get a wiring diagram for a 1975 Ford F350.

Customer Question

I would like to get a wiring diagram for a 1975 Ford F350. I especially need the gas tank to instrument panel diagram.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Basham replied 7 years ago.

75 ford truck wiring

Here is the best I can find on that old of truck it covers all models 1975 ford full size trucks

Experience: 30 year multi line tech ASE cert master tech ASE engine machinist, Ford Bronco builder
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I think he needs to know how to run the wire from the fuel tank to the central wiring you sent me. Wouldn't that be the reason the fuel gauge doesn't work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
More information!
He needs a total/complete wiring diagram. The truck is a Camper Special (if that helps!) with two fuel tanks and one gauge. The fuel tank that is not working with the gauge has a new sending unit. He needs to see where the wires meet up before the wiring harness.

If its a factory dual tank system there should be a switch on the dash to switch gage from one tank to the other.It will be located on the heater control panel. If its a add on dual tanks which a lot of them back then where there still should be a switch but its hard telling where the switch will be located.I have seen them in the glove box,ash tray, botXXXXX XXXXXp of dash, and by the manual valve in floor board. Here is a simple diagram of the fuel tank wiring system.

graphic

The way the system will work there will be 1 wire from each tank sending unit going to the switch then 1 wire will go from the switch to the gage. Common problems are bad grounds at tank unit or bad switch. I have also seen a lot of damaged wiring where it runs up the frame.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks very much! I'll show this to him tomorrow and get back to you with any other questions! If you don't hear from me - we BOTH did great! If you do - I was the one who wasn't clear!

Thanks again!
That should be enough to help him out. If nt just let me know.