Davo
Davo, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
112340

Keys..i have a slim jim; what steps do i have to do to unlock my truck

i locked my keys inside the truck. i have a slim jim; what steps do i have to do to unlock my truck

Thanks for asking!

That my friend is a VERY difficult question to answer! The problem being that if you have power door locks and/or power windows, you stand a good chance of damaging wires and linkage. It is much like picking a lock, where it is 99% a feel process. In my opinion you are better off to call AAA if you have it, or check your insurance policy, as most cover these expenses. If they do, just call a locksmith and they will come right out.

Best of luck!

Larry

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: my truck is not equiped with power doors or windows. please send me details on how to use the slim jim.

Hello scott,

The vehicle is to new for me to be able to pull up a diagram of the internal parts inside of the door. I will opt out of this question so someone else can try to answer this for you.

Larry

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: i am still waiting to have my current question answered. i have a 2006 ford f-250; i locked my keys inside. how do i unlock the door with a slim jim. the truck is not equiped with power dors or locks.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: can someone provide me a diagram of the door lock system that might be helpful in opening my door.

Hi Scott,

I have put this out to the other Tech's to see if anyone has a diagram for you.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
this truck did not come equiped with power door locks or windows
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: i would raqther not accept due to the fact that an answer still has not been provided. please help.
I used to run a wrecker and I can tell you if you pull the inside door handle On most Ford products the door wil open.If you put the slim jim down (by the lock) the glass and lift up on it the vehicle will unlock.I get imost vehicles in under 30 seconds.Twenty bucks will get you in most vehicles with a AAA call.if you need more help ask.
Davo, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist