32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience

2002 ford expedition: that controls the power windows..release..blows

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford expedition in which the fuse that controls the power windows, inside lights and the release of the brake interlock that allows you to put it in gear. My question is that everytime I put the fuse in, it blows as soon as I put it in. Is there a shortage or what? thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  32dmadden replied 10 years ago.
Yes there is a short. I will send you some info on how to find a short without using up all the fuses in stock. The best way to find the problem is to unplug each component one at a time until the test light across the fuse goes out. I would start with the shift lock soliniod. The upper and lower covers will have to be removed. Also the doors should have one connector going to the main harness. Unplugging the main connector is easier than unplugging the motors for the window. Hope this helps out. I'll be around if you need me.