AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 Ford Windstar: LX..owners manual..which fuse controls the window

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar LX. The driver side power window stopped working about a month ago. Today I went to replace the fuse, and can't find any reference in the owner's manual to which fuse controls the window. Do you know? Is the fuse even the right thing to be working on?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 years ago.
Greetings! I dont think there is a single fuse that is just for the drivers side window. IT will need to be diagnosed! Simple way to check. u will have to remove the inside door panel. Its better than paying someone to do it for u. This way u will learn. Take things apart carefully until u see the two wires that go to the motor. with a test light that u can buy at a local auto store connect either end to the wires that go to the motor. Turn the key on and try to move the window up and down via switch. If the test light lights up both ways and the window does not move u have a bad motor. If the test light does not light up than U could have a bad switch or u could be missing a power or ground. Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to amedee's Post: "Remove the inside door panel" was not helpful. I took out two visible screws on the bottom and one I found behind a plastic cover over the upper right hand corner near the rear view mirror area. The panel jiggled a little but could not be removed. Need more specifics on this so I don't cause more damage fixing than the original problem
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 years ago.

door panel

switchpanel

window switchdoor panel

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.

\Remove the window regulator control switch.

1. Remove the door handle escutcheon.

1. Remove the mirror access cover.

1. Remove the front door trim panel screws.
  2. Remove the front door trim panel.

Remove the courtesy lamp, if equipped.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure. NOTE:
    • When the battery is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 mi) or more to relearn the strategy.
    • Make sure the window regulator control switch wires do not protrude through the speaker grille or impede the operation of the door mechanism.
    • Inspect the door handle escutcheon retainer clips for damage and proper alignment before installing the front door trim panel.

AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector