presleyz
presleyz, Automotive Instructor
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE Master Technician and L1, 15 years experience
2236019

how do I time the camshafts on this engine

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  presleyz replied 10 years ago.
Yes, you will have to remove the valve cover, and while facing the engine at the right hand end of the camshafts you will see two straight slots in the end of the camshafts you will line these straight slots up and with a precision flat bar you will lay it accross the head and slide the bar in the slots at the end of each camshaft I do not no if these bars can be purchased on a tool truck or not. The crankshaft will have to be rotated around first until the #1 piston is at top dead center on the compression stroke for the crank to be in time with cams. Hope this info will help you.