HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

1996 ford windstar: my air conditioner..blowing cold air..belts

Customer Question

I have 1996 ford windstar. my air conditioner was working fine, went into a store came out and it's not blowing cold air. the belts are moving and it's not making any noise, what can be wrong?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 10 years ago.
Can be something as simple as a bad ac cycling switch or a ac control relay/clutch coil, etc. this should be checked by a shop that is familair in performing ac repairs as the ac system is under pressure and dangerous if you are not familiar with working on it. You can try checking for power to the cycling switch on the ac accumulator and jumping the connecotr and se if the compressor comes on.if it does the switch is bad or the system is low on freon and you would have to check for a freon leak.