Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

My radio display wont light up. No clock. No digits.

My radio display won't light up. No clock. No digits.   I removed the radio. Is there a sequence or an electronic schematic? It is a 1997 F87F-18C868-80
Tape, CD, and radio combo.

There are 2 Power sources you need to check on the Plug

Wires are:
GREEN / Purple = 12 Volts Constant +
YELLOW / Black = 12 Volts Ignition +

If the Voltage Checks O.K. then the Problem is Internal (*typical) & the Unit needs Repair. These Radios need the Ford Upgrade Display & Board. Cal your Ford Service & ask if anyone Repairs Locally, if not you will have to Ship. If you can't find a Repair Shop, let me know & I will Post a couple of 800 Numbers for Repair or Replace.
Repair Est. $ 97.00 - 185.00 depending on Shop.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Lurch's Post: Well, this is what happened. I upgraded my radio with a used unit. My former digital display unit works just fine. The new (used) one does not. Ford says I have to buy a whole new unit. All I need is the digital display which is soldered to a circuit board. So yes, I guess I need some 800 numbers for repair.

These Repair Shops have been in business for MANY Years & I have had NO problems.