Sparkybuoy, Technician
Experience:  Former Ford and Toyota Master Tech

Where is the starter relay located on a 1993 ford escort 1.9 liter

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Sparkybuoy replied 10 years ago.

There's no starter relay...there's a starter solenoid on the starter itself.

Are you having a problem getting it to turn over?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Sparkybuoy's Post: There are two relays under hood on the the passenger side against the firewall. Napa sold me a staeter relay for this 1993 ford escort, but you are telling me there isn't one?

Currently I am having to bypass the ignition switch to grt the car started. I have installed a toggle swicth directly wired to the starter. I must still have the ignition turned on to use it.

If it's a manual transmission car then the signal goes from the ignition switch thru the clutch safety switch and then to the starter solenoid. If it's an automatic, it goes from the ign switch thru the neutral safety switch on the transmission then to the starter solenoid.

Ford has never used starter relays. Only inner fender mounted starter solenoids which eventually became obsolete in favor of starter mounted solenoids.