HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European

Where is the fuse box on the 2002 ford taurus and ...

Customer Question

Where is the fuse box on the 2002 ford taurus and which fuse powers the power mirrors and windows?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 10 years ago.
The taurus uses two seperate fuse panels, one under the hood and other under the drivers side steering wheel area.The mirrors and windows are two different circuits, if the mirrors are inop in just one direction on both mirrors it is the switch itself,very common. If none of the windows work it may be a problem with the master switch itself, it is unusal for a fuse to blow and cause all the window to be inop. I would remove the drivers side master window switch and verify if you have power coming out of the switch going up and down for each window first.If only one window is inop I would suspect a motor gone bad, you can try rapping on the door in question towards the bottom and see if the window starts to work.