Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

This is the same question. I've got a 1998 Lincoln

Customer Question

this is the same question. I've got a 1998 Lincoln continental alpine cassette/CD factory in dash stereo, I'm trying to install it into my 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII. The colors aren't the same. The 98' alpine has 3 harness's the old stereo only has 2 harness's. I need to know what colors are what? 12v, the acc, the ground, the 8 speakers, dash lights etc.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Here are the wire diagrams for both vehicles so you can match up and tag what each wire does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pktyddlic88u9ot/98cont.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yc7iomyvlgl4hl/96mark.pdf?dl=0

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris