Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

3rd brake light works but not the regular brake lights,

Customer Question

3rd brake light works but not the regular brake lights
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: brake fluid would affect the lights?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2002 town car
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am,, changed out all the bulbs and possible fuses that link with brake lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

The lower brake lights are powered through the multifunction switch sticking out the left side of the steering column. This should be a faulty multifunction switch to blame in this case. If you need the Ford test steps, let me know.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris