Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My air suspension is not releasing the air. It pumps up but

Customer Question

My air suspension is not releasing the air. It pumps up but never lowers. Is there a valve or a different solenoid from the ones on the air bag to let air out?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No fluid. The ride is fine but too high as I used 4wd low and it raised it up higher but still won't go down.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2004 Lincoln Navigator
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, fixing myself. I removed an air line from a air bag, using a jack under the rear of the body to keep from lowering too far, and started the car. When the solenoid opened to let air in the vehicle lowered(because of the line being off) and then I shut the car off and reattached the line and started the car and it raised all the way up again. Still won't go down. That's why I got to wondering, where the air gets let out at. the compressor?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am wondering about the logic behind the level control. Does the front level depend on the rear height? because the front seems to follow the rear.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Michael Dobrash replied 7 days ago.

yes the compressor/control valve package is what controls the air. the front follows the rear for height. I would recommend first trying to disconnect the battery for 30 min connect the disconnected battery cables together for 30 seconds to clear absolutely all memory from all computers and then reconnect the battery start the vehicle and see if your problem still exists.