Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

My trackion light is on someone say I need a wheel

Customer Question

My trackion light is on someone say I need a wheel alignment ?
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need a wheel alignment
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

The traction control light is being commanded on by the ABS module. The ABS module monitors the wheel speed sensors to determine if the tires have broken traction by comparing the sensor readings to see if one or 2 tires are going a different speed than the others. An alignment will not fix this. A scan tool is needed to see which codes are stored to see how to diagnose this and see if a wheel speed sensor or tone ring are to blame.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris