A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

The alarm system goes off sometimes, plus while im driving

Customer Question

The alarm system goes off sometimes, plus while im driving the door locks and unlocks repeatedly.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: I can only use the key now, the key fab don't work anymore.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2004 Town Car
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I took it to my mechanic but they can't help. Haven't talked to a dealership yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** you noticed the door ajar light or interior lights coming on and off while driving?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My Alarm system is locking and unlocking the doors when driving over and over... Plus key fab don't work?

Does it do it when driving only?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, it does it went parked. It also does it after shutting off.

You will need to have the body control module scanned to see if there is codes stored. The module is most likely faulty.

Sorry for the delay. I am having internet issues and will need to opt out so another Expert can help you with more information. My internet will be down all day tomorrow.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 4 months ago.

We have seen numerous issues with wires breaking in the drivers door jamb inside the rubber boot that covers the wiring that runs from the driver door to the body by the drivers door hinges. The door locks are controlled by the drivers door module which is located inside the drivers door. If a ground wire or power wire is breaking or shorting out against another wire, the door locks will not work, cycle up and down or also cause the remotes not to work.