HDGene
HDGene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year ASE Master Technician & Advanced Drivability L1 Certified Ford Senior Master Technician
285738

2010 lincoln navigator I need to replace the fuse for the

Customer Question

2010 lincoln navigator I need to replace the fuse for the PRND321 gear shift night light and the liftgate, hazard, info, reset, 4x4, 4x2 and 4x4 auto night light in the cockpit are.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

Hello, all of these interior lights and indicators on the dash are inoperative? Does the 4x4 engage? Information center working on the dash?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything works does not light up at night.
Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

Ok so its basically inerior lighting to the shifter, instrument cluster? Have you tried adjusting the dimmer switch? Do the exterior parking lights work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything is working could it be a fuse
Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

Possible if its affecting only the interior but not the exterior? Have you checked the fuses, do you have an owners manual to identify the fuses?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know the fuse for those
Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

The smart junction box is the interior fuse panel. It is also a computer module. It controls the body systems, lighting, etc.

Interior Lighting

NOTE: The Smart Junction Box (SJB) is also known as the Generic Electronic Module (GEM).

The interior lighting system consists of the following:

• Door ajar switches
  • Glove compartment lamp assembly
  • Illuminated vanity mirrors (if equipped)
  • Instrument panel dimmer switch
  • Interior/map reading lamp(s)
  • Liftgate ajar switch
  • Liftgate glass ajar switch
  • Liftgate/Trunk Module (LTM) (if equipped)
  • Puddle lamps
  • Rear cargo lamp
  • SJB

The interior lighting system consists of 2 subsystems:

Courtesy Lamps

The courtesy lamps are controlled by the SJB. The courtesy lamp subsystem consists of the ajar switches, the instrument panel dimmer switch, the interior dome lamps, the puddle lamps, the roof rail lamps, the cargo lamp, and the overhead console lamps (if equipped). The SJB supplies voltage to the courtesy lamps when the SJB receives the required input.

Interior Lighting Delay

The interior lighting delay feature provides temporary illumination of the courtesy lamps, parking lamps and dimmable backlighting after the doors are opened and then closed. The interior lighting delay feature keeps the courtesy lamps on for a period of 25 seconds. If during the 25-second delay time the SJB detects that the ignition has been turned to RUN, ACC, START, or if the vehicle is locked using the keyless entry keypad or the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter, the courtesy lamps, parking lamps and dimmable backlighting illumination is discontinued.

Illuminated Entry

The illuminated entry requests the courtesy lamps, parking lamps and dimmable backlighting to illuminate when the ignition is OFF and the RKE UNLOCK button is pressed or a valid code is entered using the keyless entry keypad. The illuminated entry requests the courtesy lamps off after 25 seconds have elapsed, the ignition is switched to ON, or when the RKE transmitter LOCK button is pressed.

Illuminated Exit

The illuminated exit requests the courtesy lamps, parking lamps and dimmable backlighting (except the puddle lamps) illuminate for 25 seconds when all doors are closed and the ignition key is removed from the ignition lock cylinder. The illuminated exit deactivates when any door becomes ajar, the ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder, or 25 seconds have elapsed.

Theater Lighting

The theater lighting option ramps-up the courtesy lamps over 0.7 second when courtesy lamp activation is requested. The theater lighting feature ramps-down the courtesy lamps over 1.7 seconds when interior lighting deactivation is requested by any feature other than the panic alarm or the battery saver.

Demand Lamps

The demand lamps subsystem consists of the glove compartment lamp, the cargo lamp, all map/reading lamps, and the LH and RH vanity mirror lamps.

Fuse number F10 a 15 amp fuse feeds the SJB for interior lights and the heated seat switches, if this fuse is ok, Then a scan for codes of the SJB needs to be done using a dealer style scan tool.

Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

SJB panel

Expert:  HDGene replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?