Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 1999 lincoln town car, it runs fine on two separate

I have a 1999 lincoln town car , it runs fine on two separate occasions while driving first the radio would go dead then the a/c would shut off and then the lights would go off and finally it would die . on both occasions within a few minutes it started back up and drove to my final destination any ideals ? I decided to drive the car everyday , everything seemed good , last night we took a trip to my sons house before leaving I went out and started car so it could warm up it was cool. We left his house i noticed the lights were dim and then the radio quit , we were traveling at 30 mph , I immediately gunned it , picked up my speed and drove the rest of the way home , about 15 miles without a problem

The problem you are describing sounds like the alternator is starting t go bad. I would replace the voltage regulator and brushes. This can be done with out replacing the alternator, if you can find the parts. Do you have a shop in your town that rebuilds starters and alternators?