Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1996 continental battery going dead. Would leaking air bag

Customer Question

1996 continental battery going dead. Would leaking air bag kill battery in a few hours
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the leaking air bag is causing the air compressor to kick on or the air compressor relay to kick on this can cause this fault here and drain the battery this quickly.

What should be done though is to have the battery and alternator tested to make sure they are o.k. A local parts store will test this at no cost to you.

If this is checked and found to be o.k. then a battery drain/draw test needs done.This is done with a multi meter to test the amperage draw to see how big the draw is on the battery as well as help locate which circuit the draw is on to then locate and repair this issue.If you would like the procedure on how to test this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am a mechanic not working on to many cars. Was looking for more detailed Lincoln info. General info I have!
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Would you like the info on how to test for a battery drain/draw?