Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

The interior lights won't go off, How do I do this? 94

Customer Question

The interior lights won't go off
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: How do I do this?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 94 townscar
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried turning the car off and on.. Making sure all the doors are shut and all switches are off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 16 days ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

I will offer the call in a min. but first I need a little more info so I can look up the correct car, which series is your town car? signature? executive?

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.

Thanks

Sonny

also is your door ajar light on in the dash?

if the light is on try this:

Many times the door ajar switches can be serviced WITHOUT pulling the door panels off. Simply douse the latch assemblies with penetrating oil and open/close the doors numerous times to work the penetrating oil into to the ajar switch. This often will fix a sticking door ajar switch.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I tried that several times

ok so is the door ajar light on?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No it's not

ok so most likely the lighting control module is bad. But by chance is the interior light dimmer turned all the way up to were it turns the lights on?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What lights? I don't understand that question
There is a dimmer switch that allows you to control the brightness of the dash lights. If it's turned all the way it will turn the dome lights on. Those are the lights that are staying on right? Or did I miss understand?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Like the lights that above my head inside the car won't go off and the lights on the floor won't go off. My dash board lights goes off.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 15 days ago.
That is correct if it's turned on all the way, all the lights come on. But when you turn the key off the dash lights go out. But if you don't think that's it I can explain how to test the lighting control module. Just let me know.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 13 days ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny