sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Can't get fire to the spark plug ,motor won't turn over by

Customer Question

can't get fire to the spark plug ,motor won't turn over by the exnition, only using screwdriver on the starter
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: no, nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2003 cartier
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: me, and some shadetree mac.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it first stated out the battery lite would not go out,it would run the batt,down.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine doesn't crank on it's own and there is no spark when the starter is jumped then the engine controller is most likely not awake. You should also note that the fuel pump doesn't run.

If fuses are good then a scan tool should be used to see if the PCM will communicate. If not then it's powers and grounds would need to be tested to determine if the problem is a loss of power or ground due to a wiring issue or an internal PCM failure.