Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car I had to replace the lower

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car I had to replace the lower ball joint. Can I install the ball joint without a ball joint press what are other options.

HI,

In order the balljoint to stay in the control arm and not popout and cause an accident, it MUST be pressed in. You can rent a balljoint press tool and cups for it from Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts or O-Reillys.

Hammering it in will only damage the balljoint and will not seat it fully. it MUST be pressed in to fully seat

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You really didn't answer my question other options i use a bottle jack and a chain and pressed it in fully.