Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 1999 lincoln town car, it runs fine on two separate

Customer Question

i have a 1999 lincoln town car , it runs fine on two separate occasions while driving first the radio would go dead then the a/c would shut off and then the lights would go off and finally it would die . on both occasions within a few minutes it started back up and drove to my final destination any ideals ?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

What you experienced was the alternator not charging and the car running off of the abttery voltage and the battery voltage got down to low. Since this has only happened twice and has resolved itself. It is going to be hard to fugure out. I would start by cleaning the battery terminals, then the alternator terminal and connector to make sure there are no bad connections causing resistance.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
all of the above was already done

Thanks,

What else have you done so we do not have to go through that again?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I. Have checked the battery voltage while the car is running to verify that the alternator is keeping it charged and it is
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 17 days ago.

Have you checked the battery voltage while this issue is occurring?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no i have not

To diagnose this charging issue. Tests need to be done when the fault is occurring. I can forward those tests if needed. Being it is intermittent the best logical guess is the alternator is to blame since all wiring is fine.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris