Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2013 mkz has newer battery. Wouldn't start but lights

Customer Question

My 2013 mkz has newer battery. Wouldn't start but lights flashing and clicking.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Coming from dash area or.engine compartment. First happened this morning.
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just put a trickle charger on it because I don't know what low battery acts like.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like a low or weak battery or loose or corroded battery cables at the battery.Even though the battery is newer I have seen newer batteries fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.It is also possible you have a parasitic drain/draw on your model causing the battery to drain over night.I would allow the trickle charger to charge for a few hours and see if it then starts and runs.If it does then I would have the battery tested to see if it needs replaced.Usually a local parts store will test the battery at no charge to you with it in or out of the vehicle.If the battery tests o.k. then I would have a parasitic drain/draw test done to see if there is an electrical fault in your model with a component sticking on causing the battery to drain needing repaired.This has to be done with a multi meter and the correct wiring diagrams for your model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete