Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

Our vista roof is stuck all the way back! We are traveling

Customer Question

Hi, our vista roof is stuck all the way back! We are traveling in a rural area. Any repair suggestion to get us through? I'm a ASE Master tech...it's a 2007 MKX...Motor ratchets
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 99k
JA: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was planning to try to push from the back while activating...lube the tracks? Yes I've been doing the scheduled services on the car. Haven't had any major problems with the car. We've had some trouble with the side deflectors on the roof but they're working ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Are you trying to get it closed for now?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it looks like a piece has broken on the left side that attaches to the glass, so the left track
Is not connected to the glass, The piece rides in the middle of the guide rail. it looks like it's attached to something with teeth/gear and made of plastic.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

There is a way to close it manually providing the glass is not bound up. Would you like the steps to do this?.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was able to get it to move forward some. but once it got to the 1st stopping section, I couldn't get it to close completely
Expert:  Ronnie replied 3 months ago.

Okay I have enclosed the steps to close it manually in the link below, your going to need to lower the front of the overhead console to access the closing potion port. Have a look at the link below and let me know if you have more questions and or need more help

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/APP%20Nov%2014.pdf