sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I just bought a 1991 Lincoln Town car upon arriving to buy

Customer Question

I just bought a 1991 Lincoln Town car upon arriving to buy it parking lights were on.well after jumping it off to test drive it. I had no problem until two days later parking lights came on but didn't use the vehicle that day. And then it started doing it more rapidly. It's draining its second battery now. How can i fix this
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Lincoln
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I can turn the lights on and push it in real hard and they will stay off until car is driven again
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The park lamps are controlled directly by the headlamp switch so unless there is something aftermarket such as a remote start connected to the circuit, or there is a short to voltage from another circuit, then the problem would be the headlamp switch. You mentioned ' I can turn the lights on and push it in real hard and they will stay off', if you meant you can push the switch hard when turning the lights off and the park lamps will stay off then that does indicate a switch issue. If you can catch it with the lights on and they go off when the switch is unplugged then you have a bad switch for sure.