Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Won't start no key detected, No corrosion, 2013 mkx Lincoln,

Customer Question

Won't start no key detected
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No corrosion
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2013 mkx Lincoln
JA: Are you fixing your MKX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Key fob Doesn't work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No No key detected
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually in most all cases this is a fault with the key itself or low battery in the fob.I have seen both cause this issue here.You can try and replace the battery and see if this resolves the issue but if it does not then I suspect the key itself will need replaced.I have had to replace several keys before in the past for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete