Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator that is having headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator that is having headlight issues.
When the headlights are on "Auto" mode, the low beams work fine and I can pull back on the turn signal lever and make the high beams flash (high beam indicator also flashes). However, when I push the turn signal lever forward to have the high beams stay on, the high beams do not come on nor does the high beam indicator come on.
When the headlights are on "Manual On" mode, the low beams do not come on, however the high beams and indicator work properly: pull back and the flash to pass works, push forward and the high beams work properly as they come on, stay on and the indicator lights up.
What I have done so far:
1. Replaced fuses 35 & 40 (generic)
2. Replaced relay 03 in fuse box (generic)
3. Replaced headlamp switch (Ford Motor Company)
4. Replaced multi function turn signal switch (Ford Motor Company)
None of this made any difference. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Scott
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

So far the vehicle security module looks to be to blame.

If you can do electrical diag with a volt meter, I can help you diagnose this.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help. Rating is the only way I am paid from the deposit you made.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know the part number for the vehicle security module? Also, does my Navigator have a light control module? If so, do you have the part number for that?

There is not a LCM on your vehicle.

I have the directions to replace it, diagnose it, and images to show it, all with my Ford tech login. Though I do not have parts login to get part numbers and prices.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris