Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Lincoln
2499435

Climate control not working properly. When on auto, no or

Customer Question

climate control not working properly. When on auto, no or loittle air comng from dash vents. I tried the manual settings and can get air from the vents but
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: the air not that hot; cold air blowing from rear vents. I don't thing air is blowing out the defroster. I don't think there is a coolant leak; engine iemp is normal. Air from front vents warm, not hot even when I put it all the way up. Could be actuator doors, or the electric modules controlling all this; I spoke to a ford dealer; not much help.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lincoln?
Customer: 2006 Town Car Signature
JA: Are you fixing your Town Car yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a Mercury Grand Marquis with the same problem--dash had to be pulled. Notu sure if that has to be done here, but what do you think it would cst to fix (if I took it to a mechanic) and do you think parts are available (Ford guy wasn't sure if he he could get the parts).
JA: What year is your '06 Grand Marquis?
Customer: NO, I previously had a 2002 Grand Marquis; now I have a 2006 Town Car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it. BTW the "no" was capitalized by mistake---I'm not yelling at you. Sorry.
Category: Lincoln
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Hi. On auto. the air does not come out of a single vent. It allows the air to come out multiples vents for a more even airflow. That is normal. When you switch to manual mode and the air comes out the vents stronger, that indicates that part of the system is working.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On auto, air only comes out floor vents. Dash vents have only a trickle of air. There is no flow to the windshield in any mode. Also even in manual heat only cold air blows out rear console vents. I' going to take it to a mechanic I guess.

Ok. SOunds good.